- The type and gauge is super important.
- Michael likes D’addario strings. 11–49 gauge EXL medium gauge.
- Change them often. It really helps your tone.
- Michael likes Dunlop Tortex 1mm
- Picks are very important to your tone.
- Find ones that are easy to hang on to.
- They should be flexible, and have a bit of give. Otherwise your tone will be flat.
- Really useful for transposing, for accurately playing parts.
- Michael likes D’addario capos because they are thin and stay out of the way of your hands, and you can adjust the tension. A capo that’s too tight can turn your guitar out of tune really quickly.
- Michael uses a glass one.
- There’s a lot of different materials for slides and they all have different tones they produce.
- Slides can eliminate all the frets on your guitar. They are cool for adding different voicings.