Different terms of the Synthesizer
Play one note at a time (single polyphony patch):
- Press one note, hold it out and then switch to the other note.
- It reverts back to the lower note that is still being held out, when holding on the lower note and releasing on the upper note. It allows you to play more complex melodies.
- Rhythm: Release the note on tempo with the other note, using a tack.
Portamento is the amount of time that it takes to transition from one note to the next.
- The Arpeggiator is the electronic way to build a rhythmic pattern automatically with just a couple of notes.
- Ableton/Arpeggiator plugin: Put it into the inserts of your channel and it will automatically rotate between the two notes.
Playing multiple notes at a time: - Through upping the polyphonic settings you can play multiple notes at the same time. Filter the sound to not make it sound like a pad. If you do a synth sound you can put more of a rhythmic pattern to it through a single polyphonic.