Knowing the People You're Leading
“Anytime you feel like crying, cry, because sometimes it’s intercession that you don’t understand.” - Beni Johnson
“People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.”
- Mother Teresa
We love people, we love community, but He is our focus, here at Bethel.
• There is a fight for our attention, worshipU students be mindful and present in what God has for us.
• God calls us to celebrate people and celebrate our differences. We all have an important part.
• I believe that heaven is community and heaven is Jesus.
• What does heaven on earth look like?
• I think heaven is us learning to love each other and Him, so let’s start on earth.
• Kingdom is worship in our lives.
• We get to become really good at forgiveness to love people well.
Brian and Jenn’s journey in becoming worship pastors.
• Brian and Jenn were handed the worship department at a very young age and it was a learning curve. They were able to start guiding where they wanted worship to go.
• Loving people looks like having brave conversations, like telling someone who sings on your team that they can’t sing, even though they are an amazing worshiper.
• Get people in your life that will love you well, and will call you on your stuff.
• 3 people to have in your life
People who are beyond your stage of your life. They bring covering in their constructive criticism. Invite these people’s input into your life.
Keep David’s and Jonathan’s in your life. Keep people who fire you up for the Lord close to your heart. And it won’t always be the same people from season to season, ask the Lord who are the people to keep close in your life for the season you are in.
People you pour into. No matter where you are at in life or how you think of yourself, there is ALWAYS someone for you to pour into. Even if it’s someone who you don’t know, maybe they are famous, if they are on your heart, PRAY for them.
• Keep a journal because that is your personal history with God. Going back and reading your journal’s is a reminder of how faithful and in control God is at all times.
• Sarcasm and passive aggression
• God is as happy as He is holy.
• We love being light hearted, and to have fun, but sarcasm can be painful and passive aggressive.
• There are relationships in life that you can not text. You need to speak to people face to face.
• Ask the Lord, “Where have I not used brave communication with people? Where have I been passive aggressive where I could have been brave with my words.”
• If you have something kind and encouraging to say, SAY IT. You have no idea how God is going to use your kindness. It could change someone’s day, even someone’s life.
• We are all God’s children. It is not US and THEM.
• Let’s be mindful of the Kingdom which includes people who aren’t saved yet.
• Take every word captive, every thought, captive.
• Let’s speak and declare goodness and truth over ourselves and people.
• God wants to hear who we are in Him.
• “God I look to you, cause I am overwhelmed.” Changed to “God I look to you, I WON’T BE overwhelmed.”
• Jenn was on her way to lead worship after a hard day and she said to herself, “mommy hat off, worship hat on.” Bill says to her, “The problem is the worship hat should have never come off.” No matter what we are doing, we are worshiping. Every detail of our lives is worship.
• It is our heart and posture of life that is worship to God. It’s how you love people, it’s how you love Jesus. No matter if you’re on a stage or changing diapers. He see’s our hearts.