The Priesthood Of Worship
When you are really passionate about something, you are prone to become offended.
- I am passionate about purity, it’s a call on my life.
- Purity is so powerful.
- Purity has a way of exposing the truth of a situation.
- Sometimes in order to discover the purity of something you have to go back to it’s original form.
All of the things we can add to worship don’t actually increase it’s power.
- We add all of this stuff to worship and it can become more stimulating. But none of it can make worship more powerful.
- Worship flows from the heart.
- But neglecting quality, does not equal purity. It’s not about the form, it will always be about the heart.
“Guard the heart for it is the wellspring of life.”
- Right now we need to guard the heart of worship.
How do we protect and guard the heart?
- Once we have dealt with the plank in our eyes we will be able to deal with the splinter in our neighbors.
- Protect our hearts against competing.
- Worship will never be about people pleasing.
- Worship is not a warm up for their sermon.
- Worship is not a church building tool.
- Worship is not a ticket to becoming a rockstar
- And it is not about our own personal dream fulfillment. There is no shame in dreams. But crazy dreamers go through crazy process before they see their dreams.
- Worship is about ministering to the Lord. That is everything.
How do you minister to the Lord?
- A minister to the lord is a priest. Which is what you are. You are a royal priesthood.
“So put aside every trace of malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander and hateful speech; like newborn babies [you should] long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may be nurtured and grow in respect to salvation [its ultimate fulfillment], if in fact you have [already] tasted [a]the goodness and gracious kindness of the Lord. Come to Him [the risen Lord] as to a living Stone which men rejected and threw away, but which is choice and precious in the sight of God. You [believers], like living stones, are [b]being built up into a spiritual house for a holy and dedicated priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices [that are] acceptable and pleasing to God through Jesus Christ.”1 peter 2:1
As you come to Him, you yourselves like living stones are being built up like a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood.
We need to understand who we are coming before in worship.
- We are coming before the Lord.
- As we become before the Lord he begins to build us.
- The dream of Bethel was that people would come because we have made a dwelling place for God. That is the invitation for every church.
- You are a people for his possession.
We are called to minister to the Lord. How do you minister to a perfect God? He has no needs!
- Just because God doesn’t have needs, doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have desires.
- Just because he doesn’t have needs doesn't mean He isn’t impacted by us.
- What Father isn’t impacted by the love of his kids?
- Ministering to the Lord requires a knowledge of two truths
- You have to give that person what they desire.
- We have to know what God wants and desires in order to minister to Him.
- Present your bodies as a living sacrifice.
- The thing that God wants is you.
- You need to give Him the thing that is meaningful to Him?
- If you want to give Him something meaningful then you need to actually know Him.